Using internet via laptops and PC’s is quite common these days. People often end up paying huge amounts for using the internet through routers or paid software. Hence, here is a list of ways to create a Wi-Fi hotspot for free.
We have stated 3 possible ways by which you can create WiFi hotspot on PC; you can choose any which you find comfortable and worthy enough.
Best Ways to Create WiFi Hotspot on PC
Method 1: Using Command Prompt
- Click Window key + R and type cmd followed by enter.
- Enter the given command prompt on netsh wlan show drivers(To check if or not your PC supports Wi-Fi tethering)
- In case of a yes, you can proceed with creating a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Next you are to enter netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Enter the ssid name here> key=your password. In place of”Enter the ssid name here” and “your password” you are to provide inputs for your ssid name and password respectively. With enter, you will receive a message which will indicate the fact that the network mode has been set and required changes have been successfully made.
- To begin, you are supposed to type netsh wlan start hostednetwork followed by enter.
- With this, your hosted network is ready to work.
- To begin with sharing your network, visit Network and sharing centerand go to the option which says Change adapter setting. With a right click on the connection to be used, go to properties. In properties visit the Sharing tab and look up at the box which says “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection. Make the selection of your hotspot name and proceed further. For any reference you can visit the network connection window. Save up the settings and you will be all set with your newly set WiFi hotspot!
Method 2: Using virtual router Plus
- Download Virtual router plus
- Begin with the installation.
- Visit VRP and begin with entering the ssid along with your password and click on start.
- And there you go! You are all set to use VRP!
Method 3: Using Connectify
- Download the software.
- Install it on your PC’s and restart it.
- One done, visit the software and begin with typing the Hotspot name and password followed by a click on ‘Start.’
- Snap! You are done with creating your own Wi-Fi hotspot!
*This is a paid software and if you wish to have the best for you, then this has to be an ideal one.*
This was it! Three easy and quick ways to create your own WiFi hotspot! Hope these turn out to be of help for you. You can thank us later. Feel free to pay a visit to Droidadda.com for the best Android related tips n tricks. Happy sharing!
Guest Post by Amit Dey.